Vue 2/3 VSCode w/ Live Server

So, I started out to learn Vue.js using Vue 3, and to get started, I just used a CDN (unpkg.com/vue). The months went by and I have a sizeable chunk of code and time involved here. All of this is using straight html and Visual Studio Code. I did zero install of any package.

Then, in the last two weeks, I followed a youtube video to make a vue app with vuetify. Of course, it used Vue 2. I did a full install of node.js, Vue 2, vuetify, configured the router and the whole works. Pretty much, I got it all to work. !!

Today I opened my first project back up, and none of it will run. I get: Uncaught TypeError: Vue is not a constructor. I get this on multiple pages that were all working fine about 3 weeks ago.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for possibly making my first project run again? The second project installed so many packages, I’m not sure where to start looking. These projects were in separate folders, so I’m not exactly sure where the new project would do anything to make the old, unconnected project quit working.

I did try some backups and everything I open no longer works.

Any nudge that just gets me started in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ok, reading a stackoverflow solution, I tried a different CDN for VUE 2 and all my code went right to work:

I’m going to guess that the CDN I was using went from 2 to 3, and it was just a coincidence that this happened at the exact same time I installed a bunch of packages for another project.

I really though my first project was 3, but I guess I was wrong.

The hazards of some copy/paste while learning, I guess.

Thanks,

Hello @jay8anks
First if you are still using CDN you should switch to npm installing the project and bringing the features to that.
If that is not the case do more debugging with inspect, go to your console or network tab and find the error, then you can post that error here so you could get accurate help.
i hope this will help you.