Prevent template rendering when computed property returns null

I have a template which renders a list from an array of objects (liveMatchesData) returned by a computed property. The template uses conditional rendering to check that a.) the array is not null and b.) the array length is > 0. The computed property returns the array by accessing a Vuex state which is an array and initialised as such.

<div class="matches" v-if="liveMatchesData!= null&& liveMatchesData.length > 0">

My issue is that occasionally the computed property returns null which in turn clears the liveMatchesData list from the DOM, leaving a blank space. This stays like this until a few seconds later when the state updates (Axios calls to an API), the computed property is no longer null and so the template renders correctly once again.

Is there a way to keep the previously rendered list visible in the DOM when the computed property changes to null and prevent the update when the value is null?

I realise the problem here may be my state should not be returning null all but for the moment it is.

I haven’t found the answer to my question as I have asked it but I have resolved the problem - stopping state returning null.

Turns out axios was infrequently returning null in response.data which, without being validated was being written to state and so being picked up in my computed property.