I wrote a component library / design system

Hi,

I just wanted to share with you an open source VueJS component lib / design system that I wrote called Neon. I’ve just released v1.0.0 today.

You can view the demo/docs here - https://aotearoan.github.io/neon/

It supports multiple themes, light and dark modes per theme, color palette generation from base colors and a few other interesting things.

It’s really lightweight and only depends on vue, vue-router and vue-i18n.

Anyway, I’d be interested in any feedback and happy to answer any questions you may have.

Enjoy,
A.

2 Likes

Good stuff :+1:

My first piece of feedback is for the documentation. It’d be nice if I didn’t have to click the “Examples” tab on every component. I think you could merge the description and examples tab so the default has the description at the top with the examples below it. This would make it much faster to consume your docs.

Keep up the good work :clap:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! Makes total sense, I will adjust it so that the Examples are the first tab. Some descriptions are quite large so maybe I’ll conditionally merge descriptions and examples.

Wow, looks like you done a big project. Appreciate for that :clap::clap::clap:

Consider thinking of selling points? (in term of innovation, not business)

A lot of people will use it if you put something unique like characteristic animation, transition effect, or anything different. I’m pretty sure you can compete bootstrap with your creation. :blush:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words @Thor-x86, I really appreciate them.

This is basically what I wanted from a design system. I felt there were a few things about design systems we could improve on.

I’m working on expanding the themes to include a couple of other variations that I think will make it more interesting and there are some more components which will be added very soon also.

After that I will work on refining transitions and micro interactions and improving the SASS docs. There are a lot of smaller improvements that I believe make life easier for devs. I’m thinking about writing some Medium articles to go in depth on these.

1 Like