I have a portfolio website about data visualization. It was built with jquery and others. Now I want to convert it to Vue js based website. Regarding this I would like get some clarifications.
My requirements/ considerations:
- The website uses several other frameworks, like D3.js, Chart.js, Leaflet.js and others. Some of them would require different versions (especially D3.js).
- It also fetch data from database using Ajax (eg. http://www.cartoskill.com/interactive/global-terrorism-dashboard).
- It should be pre-rendered, for SEO purpose.
My approach so far:
- Tried using Prerender SPA Plugin. However, this is cannot handle complex scenarios, like leaflet maps and etc.
Nuxt.js would be a better option with universal mode and the webpack generate. However, the challenges I am facing are in this approach are:
- If I want to add a new web page, I will have to re-generate the entire application and upload, which is not very friendly approach.
- Also, is there any option to exclude only a component within a page, from pre-rendering?
- Since, most of the pages require entirely different js library and data, I am using HTML a tag for navigation between pages to force a hard reload, instead of nuxt-link. Is that valid/ only effective option?
Would like get some help from any of you. I believe, I am not the first person to face such issues. Can you please suggest any better or suitable solution?