I want to publish Vue 3 components to NPM, but have them compatible with Vue 2 as well.
I am thinking, that I want to:
- write Vue 3 composition api vue components
- transpile & bundle the components as JS files so they can be used in Vue 2 projects.
- present the components as-is for Vue 3 projects.
I’m sure I can figure out a good rollup setup to transpile & bundle the components to JS files.
However, I wonder, if I support 2 in-points to my NPM package:
- one to the transpiled component as JS file for Vue 2
- one to the .vue file component as-is for Vue 3
How do I set up my package.json, or what instructions should I write how people should import my package component based on if their project is Vue 2 or 3?
Any advice much appreciated.